January dinner | 6pm | North Branch
Projects, Activities, and Contributions
Our Optimist club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Additionally, we have speakers at our weekly meetings to explore topics of interest to the members. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are the projects, activities, and contributions we are currently involved in:
- Breakfast with Santa - Held in December at Youth Services of Glenview/Northbrook
- This event is free of charge for kids and familes in the Glenview community
- Ralph Lynch Youth Appreciation
- This event is to celebrate High school youth of Glenview in their accomplishments and character.
- Drawing Dinner - This is one of our fundraisers for the club, selling drawing tickets for prizes to raise money for scholarships for High School Seniors, and other community events.
- Golf Outing - This is the other major fundraiser for the club, organizing a golf outing to raise money for scholarships for High School Seniors as well as other community events we run, or participate in.
Membership Outreach Events:
- NOW (New Optimist Wanted) Event - This event promotes the club and invites new members
Contributions to Community Events/Agencies:
- Holiday in the Park
- 4th of July Parade
- Sunset Village
- Debra Gelfand Fund
- Hoffman Elementary School - BiLingual Program
- Friends of Wesley
- Wilmette Optimist Club
- Niles Optimist Club
- Relay for Life
- Youth Services of Glenview/Northbrook
- Northfield Food Pantry
- Glenbrook South Student to Student
- Character Counts